- Never farmed, canned salmon is high in calcium, thanks to the bones. Keep red sockeye for eating as is or in pastas or salads. Pink salmon is best for soups, spreads/dips and salmon cakes.
Light Tuna or Sardines (packed in water):
- Light Tuna ensures a lower mercury content. An easy meal or snack, just avoid the flavoured varieties.
Beans (mixed and individual varieties):
- A mixed version is useful for a quick salad, choose your favourite individual beans, such as: garbanzo (chickpea), black, kidney (red or white) or Great Northern.
Tomatoes (diced, whole and pureed):
- Due to the lycopene content, the nutritional value of canned tomatoes is excellent.
- Useful for salads or pizza toppings.